Our Tree

(I have been having technical difficulties trying to add script to the post with the slideshow. Windows continually shuts down, and kicks me off. Soooo, I am creating a new post).

Anyway, the day after Thanksgiving we went to cut down our Christmas tree. I wait for this all year. I absolutely love it - it's one of my favorite things to do. Silly I know, but the kids are always so excited to go - and we always have the best time. This year we went to Vormittag's tree farm. I highly recommend them...very nice trees, and it's a family run business. They were great.

We put the tree up that night and decorated it. The kids had a blast. Cooper of course is an ole' pro, and the princess loved helping too!! (We had a LOT of branches that were so loaded with ornaments that they touched the ground!! I didn't have the heart to correct miss Izzy, so after she went to bed I fixed them).

Out of many ornaments on our tree I have a handful of favorites, and I added two of them to the slideshow. One is from Russia. We got it from the little giftshop in the Ukrainia hotel in Moscow. The other is from China. We got that from the giftshop in the Lakeview hotel in Nanchang. The lady told us it was an ornament representing brother and sister. Not sure if this is really true....I like to think that it is, because I love it!!

2 comments:

prechrswife said...

Saw the slideshow yesterday, and loved the pictures. For the record, when I do slideshows from Photobucket, I never can get the text into the post with the pictures. I always end up having to do 2 posts. Same with videos. I've never tried it with slide.com .

Alexander's Momma said...

i bet your pictures are great, but i can't see them :( glad you had fun!